TJ Maxx Return Policy Explained
Among all other departmental chains present in the United States, TJ Maxx has a considerably large presence. With competitors like Macy’s and Walmart, TJ Maxx holds its position as one of the largest retailers in the United States. To help smoothen your shopping experience at this store, we present you a simplified version of the TJ Maxx Return policy.
TJ Maxx Return Policy Highlights
TJ Maxx has a dedicated return policy wherein all its customers can return most of their items within 40 days from the date of online purchase. But if you have bought something from their physical store, the return policies change to 30 days from the date of purchase.
One of the fascinating things about their Return Policy is that TJ Maxx supports the returning of items even if you have misplaced or lost the receipt of the products.
What are the terms for returning items in TJ Maxx?
Along with various terms and conditions, here are some points to remember while returning an item from the TJ Maxx store, both online and offline.
- You can’t claim for a refund online if you have purchased it from the physical store.
- No merchandise credit or refund is issued on items that are either used or not in a condition to resell.
- Products that you have bought online and are worth above $1000 cannot be returned in-store.
- Handbags that are above the value of $499.99 are not eligible to return to the store.
- Tampered items and other beauty products cannot be returned to the store.
- If the TJ Maxx authorities find your returns fishy, they might stop you from returning the items.
How to return an item directly to the TJ Maxx store?
According to TJ Maxx return policy, there are currently two ways you can return items to the TJ Maxx store. First, you can return the purchased items directly to the store. Alternatively, you can also return the items online via mail.
Let’s take a look at the steps for returning the items using both ways.
Return the product via Mail
- The purchase date of the products should be within 40 days.
- The return shipping labels are provided with the products while you purchase anything from their online store. Make sure to have it attached to the package.
- You need to return the items with their original packaging, as handed to you.
- Take the items to the USP drop-off location to safely complete your return.
- $9.99 will be deducted either from your store credit or from the refund amount as a handling and processing fee.
- You don’t need to pay anything if you want to return the items directly to the TJ Maxx store.
- Drop your items directly to the store with either a purchase receipt or a shipping invoice.
- Out of the 1,241 TJ Maxx stores located all over the USA, choose anyone within your range to return items.
Can I return products to TJMaxx without a receipt?
Yes, TJ Maxx accepts products that are without a receipt. Here are the steps that you need to follow to complete a successful refund:
- Visit any nearest TJMaxx store within your reach.
- Submit any valid ID proof to claim your ownership.
- Get a Refund.
If the product and the ID are found eligible, you will be refunded in the form of a merchandise credit. You can utilize the credits to buy items from any of the TJMaxx stores.