Argos Return Policy – Smooth & Easy Return
Before we Dive into the Argos return policy…
Did You know These 8 Interesting Facts about Argos?
- Argos is a catalogue retailer operating in the UK and Ireland, acquired by Sainsbury’s supermarket chain in 2016.
- Argos was established in 1972.
- It is named after the Greek city of Argos.
- It trades both through physical shops and online.
- It operates approximately 900 retail shops.
- With 29 M yearly customers, and nearly a billion online visitors per year, it is one of the largest retailers in the United Kingdom.
- On November 2020 Sainsbury’s announced the upcoming close of 420 Argos stores, leaving about 100; 150 Argos outlets were to be opened in supermarkets. Shops that had closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic would not reopen.
- Argos is the registered owner of several brands in it’s catalog, such as: Challenge, Visiq,Pro Action, Cookworks, Beanstalk,Pro Fitness, Opticom, Grosvenor, Steamworks, Aquarius, Coolworks, and others. It also acquired some brands.
You bought an Argos item and now you wish to return it.
Below you will find all the info you need to know for a smooth return process.
Let’s start explaining the Argos return policy:
How Many Days Do Argos Allow For Returns?
The Argos return policy has changed for Covid 19 period.
Since October 2020, you may change your mind about an Argos product for a timeframe of 30 days from the opening of non essential stores in your area.
Where Can I Return My Argos Item To If I changed My mind?
If you purchased an Argos item and wish to return it, the Argos return policy allows a return to one of both:
- To any open Argos individual store.
- To an Argos store located within a Sainsbury’s branch.
Argos Returns: What are the Argos Return Policy Conditions?
You can return your Argos products to Argos as long as they are in-line with the Argos return policy.
To qualify for return, the items should be:
- Unopened (and of course – unused).
- Packed in the original packaging.
- Including the original tags.
- In a sellable condition.
You should bring your proof of purchase with you.
If you received any free items along with the products you return, you are expected to bring them along as well.
Argos Refund Policy: How Does Argos Refund work?
Once you returned your Argos item, your refunds will be processed using your original payment method.
If you paid on card, the refund may take up to 7 days to appear back in your account, with PayPal refunds taking up to 30 days.
It is also possible to arrange a collection using the Argos Live Chat team for small and/or big packages delivered using the home delivery option.
Argos Exchanges – How Does It Work?
To exchange an item, you can visit any open Argos store, or an Argos store within a Sainsbury’s.
It’s better that you bring your proof of purchase with you.
Here you can find the Argos store locator.
For smooth Argos returns, please be aware of the following:
The exchanges are dependent on stock levels.
In case an exchange is not possible due to no stock, you can be refunded via your original payment method.
If you used a card as your payment method, the refund may take up to 7 days to appear in your bank account.
PayPal refunds may apear within a 30 days time frame.
I Got a Faulty item. What Do I Do?
According to Argos return policy, In case of receiving a faulty item, please check the Argos Product Support site to learn if the issue can be solved.
If you need to return it, please see the Argos returns paragraph in this post (above).
Argos Repairs Policy
For items that need repair, this is the Argos return policy:
Depending on the product, and in order to save you the trouble of returning your item to Argos, repairs may take place at your home.
The Argos Tu clothing Return Policy
The standard Argos 30 day return policy applies to all purchases made prior to 17 October.
To avoid non-essential journeys, Argos extended the returns policy for purchases that took place from 18 October 2020 forward.
These can be returned to Argos up to 30 days from re-opening the non-essential retail in your area.
In Northern Ireland:
Since 18 December, Argos return policy has changed temporarily and it does not offer it’s Home Delivery & it’s “Click & Collect” services to Northern Ireland addresses.
However, it is still possible to shop within a Sainsbury’s supermarket and return the items to an Argos store within a Sainsbury’s supermarket, to Argos stores and to Forestside store.
Tu clothing postal returns are received as usual, repackaged and posted back together with the completed returns form.
Do I pay for returns to Argos?
The return postage costs of £3.50 will be deduced from your refund amount as long as return is in a sellable condition as required by Argos.
I Lost The returns Form. What Do I do?
In case form is lost, no need to worry.
You can use your order confirmation email or your order number, and contact Argos Live Chat or social teams.
(Note that the customer services number will be unable to assist with Tu clothing queries).
Argos Return Policy Exceptions:
Food, pierced jewellery items and underwear are non refundable. (unless faulty).
DVD, music or software product, must be unused and in a sealed packaging.