HomeGoods Return Policy, And 10 Surprising Facts
You bought a product in one of HomeGoods stores, and now you wish to return it.
Before we explain the HomeGoods return policy, did you know this?
Here Are 10 Surprising Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Homegoods:
1. The company dates back to 1919, when it was called the New England Trading Company.
2. Later generations opened new stores with different names including Homegoods, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Homesense and other brands, all under “TJX”.
3. Today, TJX is the leading off-price apparel and home retailer, with 4500 stores worldwide
4. The first store sold women’s hosiery.
5. Carol Meyrowitz is the powerful CEO, ranked by Forbes as the 76th most powerful woman in the world in 2015.
6. She increases the minimum wage for hourly U.S. employees to $9 per hour.
7. TJX products are sourced from over 17,000 different vendors.
8. HomeGoods and TJX are known for a dedication to privacy, as they don’t want competitors discovering the secrets to their success.
9. HomeGoods does not sell their products online.
10. The HomeGoods team runs a blog on their website with frequent styling updates.
HomeGoods Return Policy – How Many Days Does HomeGoods Allow?
According to HomeGoods return policy, you can return most items within 30 days from the purchase date.
However, there are some facts it’s important that you are aware of.
How Do I Return Products I Bought To HomeGoods?
Unlike other retailers covered on this website, you cannot purchase HomeGoods products online.
HomeGoods products can only be purchased in physical stores, and therefore can only be returned to physical store.
The only way to return goods to HomeGoods is to find a physical store near you and to bring your product there.
For your convenience, we are attaching the HomeGoods store locator here.
What Do I Need to Know Before Returning A Product To HomeGoods?
Before you return goods to HomeGoods, it’s important that you follow these 2 steps:
- Verify that items are in new and original condition.
- Don’t forget to bring your purchase receipt with you.
What Can I Do If I Can’t Find My receipt? Can I Still Return The Items?
According to the HomeGoods return policy, in case you can’t find the receipt of the product you wish to return, you need to bring an ID with you instead.
The ID can be your passport, your license, or other proof of identity.
What Is The HomeGoods Exchange Policy?
In case you wish to exchange the product you purchased, this is what you need to know:
The exchange time frame is 30 days.
You can exchange the products as long as it’s in a new and sellable condition.
Don’t forget that used items will not be accepted back by HomeGoods.
What Is The HomeGoods Refund Policy?
Once your items have been qualified by HomeGoods for return, the refund will take up to 10 days.
You will be refunded for your original payment method, cash, or store credits (depends on your original purchase).
Can I Return Products To Homegoods After 30 Days From The Purchase date?
According to the HomeGoods return policy, the answer to this question is yes.
It’s better that you return the goods you purchased within the requested timeframe, in a new condition and original package.
However, in case you changed your mind and discover that more than 30 days went by, you can still return the products to HomeGoods.
The difference is that in this case you will not be refunded to your original payment method, but to store credits.
In addition, Homegoods customer service might decide not to perform a full refund.
Is HomeGoods Return Policy Identical To TJX Other Companies Return Policy?
Being a sister company, the HomeGoods return policy is the same as Marshall’s return policy.
In fact, most of both brands’ stores are merged and therefore the process is identical.
How Do I Contact HomeGoods?
Home Goods customer service toll-free no. is 18008880776.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM est.