Costco Electronics Return Policy – A Smooth Return
If you wish to return an electronic product bought at one of Costco’s stores, you can rest assured:
Many retailers policies are covered in this website, but Costco’s return policy is amongst the better policies out there.
You can believe us, we know something about return policies!
Actually, Costco offers VERY generous return conditions.
So much so, that Costco employees are used to being addressed with the strangest return requests, such as an 8 years old laptop with a new sticker…
It seems that some customers take advantage of the generous return conditions,
Actually, if you just look around a bit. you will see examples of strangest returns Costco employees have had to deal with:
Such are – an empty bottle, cooked meat, (it wasn’t tasty enough) and even a used toilet brush.
Costco accepts returns on almost everything, no matter when it was purchased.
There are a few exceptions of course.
But what about the Costco electronics return policy?
It doesn’t make sense to return a laptop after 2 years, right?
The Costco electronics return policy differs from the regular products return policy.
The main difference is the timeframe for return.
While you have a lifetime to return most Costco’s products, when it comes to electronic products there’s a change, and the Costco electronics return policy limits the return timeframe to 90 days.
(Below you will find the list of items included).
Here are the answers to your questions about the Costco electronics return policy:
Can I Return My Item To Costco For Any Reason?
Costco details the reasons for returning or replacing items in their website, and as follows:
- If you no longer want the item
- If you’re dissatisfied.
- If you purchased the item by mistake
- If the item you received is not the correct item.
- If you received duplicate items
- If you refused the package upon delivery due to being damaged
- If an item is missing (in this case you are eligible for replacement only)
- If the shipment is lost
Costco Electronics Return Policy – How Long Do I Have To Change My Mind?
Per Costco Electronics return policy, you are able to return your electronics products to Costco within a 90 days timeframe from the date purchase or receipt date.
What Items Are Included In The Costco Electronics Return Policy?
The Costco Electronics return policy list includes the following (as detailed in Costco’s website):
- Refrigerators above 10 cu. ft.
- Over-the-range microwaves
- Washers and dryers
- Smart watches
- Aerial cameras (drones)
- MP3 players
- Cellular phones (details vary by carrier contract)
I Don’t Have My Receipt. Can I Still Return the Item?
Yes. A proof of purchase can be helpful, but it is not necessary to process your return.
How Do I return My Costco Item?
Costco offers 2 convenient options to initiate a return:
1. Return by mail or post, through Costco Website:
To proceed with this option, this is what you need to do:
- Log into your account
- Select “Orders & Returns”
- Choose the “Return Items” button next to the order you wish to return, and complete the steps reuired.
- Print your return label and schedule a pickup or alternatively for large returned items, you’ll be sent an email with instructions.
2. Return to Any Costco warehouse:
Please use this link to find a Costco warehouse near you.
Do Costco Cover Return Shipping Fees?
Yes. Refund for items returned through the website will include shipping & handling fees.
What Is Costco Refund Policy?
Once item arrives, will be credited to the original credit card used to place your order.
Are There Exclusions to Costco Electronics Return Policy?
Here’s a list of items that cannot be returned through the website option: click here