9 facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Banana Republic:
- It was co-founded by the couple Mel and Patricia Ziegler in 1978.
- At first they were called “Banana Republic Travel & Safari Clothing Company.”
- Before they were acquired by Gap, they did everything by themselves: Even wrote, drew and stapled the catalog at the kitchen table.
- They wrote a book called Wild Company: The Untold Story of Banana Republic:
- In 1983, Gap purchased the company and changed the name to “Banana Republic”, rebranding it as a mainstream luxury clothing retailer.
- In 2015 Banana Republic opened a new flagship in Manhattan on Fifth Avenue and 18th Street.
- In 2007, the first Banana Republic stores opened in Kuwait Indonesia and Malaysia.
- In August 2020, Banana Republic alongside Gap announced that they will close over 225 store locations as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mel and Patricia Ziegler also co-founded “The Republic of Tea” and “Zoza” brands.
Banana Republic Return Policy
The Banana Republic return policy is decent.
It’s not the best one we’ve seen, however, it has some advantages.
How Many Return Days does Banana Republic Allow?
The return of your order to Banana Republic should take place within a timeframe of 45 days.
That is a fair returning period, although we need to admit that there are even better conditions offered by other retailers.
Is Banana Republic Return Policy Same As Gap’s?
The short answer is – Yes.
Banana Republic’s return policy is handled similarly to other policies of the four brands associated with GAP.
Can I Return a Banana Republic Item After Wearing Tt?
The short answer is – No.
For assuring that the return will be accepted, the items must be in their original condition:
This is same for all Gap’s brands returns.
In other words:
There should be no evidence that products have been used, worn or washed.
Unlike products that have arrived from Banana Republic damaged or defective:
These, in effect, can be returned at any time.
How Do I Return An Item To Banana Republic?
According to Banana Republic return policy, there are 2 options for returning products:
1. Return to a physical store.
2. Return by mail.
In both cases, the Banana Republic return policy accepts a change of size, color, style or even to return the money for the item.
Banana Republic Return By Mail – Is It Free?
The returns and exchanges are totally free in case you have selected the prepaid return shipping option.
The item must be in good condition, without traces of having been used before.
This is a basic requirement.
Let’s look into the detailed process for these two scenarios:
I Bought an Item Online. Can I return It To A Store?
If you have bought Banana Republic’s items online, there is no problem for you to return or exchange them to a physical store.
All you have to do is follow a simple process as below:
- Find a Banana Republic store near you.
- Bring the product along with the shipping confirmation email in the format you want or the credit card you have used to buy in the store.
- Tell the sales assistant that you want to return the product. And that will be enough.
The store will make a refund directly to the credit card that has been used for the purchase.
It might take your credit card company up to 10 business days to recognize the refund.
The Banana Republic Return policy – Return Via Mail
If you want to return an item by mail, according to Banana Republic return policy you need to follow these simple steps:
- Select the item and create a mailing label or prepaid UPS using Banana Republic’s interactive returns process.
- Alternatively, you can return it to this address: 100 Gap Inc. Direct Gateway – Groveport, OH 43125.
- Securely prepare your item in the original package in which it was sent if it’s possible. Be sure to include the packing slip generated by the interactive returns process.
- Mail it when ready to the U.S. Postal Service closest to you or give it to your postal carrier. You can also drop it off at the nearest UPS.
- In case you want to make a change, you must contact the Banana Republic directly by email and select the item you want to make the change with. Then select the option “To return items by email”.
What is the Banana Republic Refund Policy?
Once the merchandise arrives at the store, you will be refunded in the original form in which the purchase was made.
This also includes the 10 business days that your credit card company can take to process the refund.
Then the Banana Republic will send you an email confirming that the process has been successfully completed.
In the case of changes, Banana Republic will charge your credit card for the new item and send it to you for free.
When they receive the returned item, the payment originally made by it will also be returned to you.
How Many Return Days does Banana Republic Allow For An Online Return?
You have a total of 45 days to make the return or exchange if you have purchased an item online.
However, during times of pandemic, this time limit could be changed.
We invite you to contact the store directly to find out more about these special policies.
Is A Shipping Fee Charged For Banana Republic Exchange?
Changes and returns are free once you have selected the prepaid return shipping option or if you have preferred to do these processes directly in a physical store.
In the latter case, you can only return the articles that are not marked with the “Mail Only” label.
Are There Exceptions For Returned Items?
Yes, Banana Republic’s return policy does not include the following:
For those specific ranges, there can be no exchanges or refunds.
Why Are My Refunds Delayed?
There are many reasons why a return may be late.
One reason is that the Banana Republic team is taking the necessary security measures due to the current situation of the pandemic.
How Can I Contact Banana Republic Customers Service?
This is the contact phone: +1 614-744-3909
Read about Macy’s return policy Macy’s Return Policy