Banana Republic Return Policy
Banana Republic Return Policy Overview
Banana Republic’s return policy is handled similarly to other policies of the four brands associated with GAP.
The return should take place within a timeframe of 45 days.
For assuring that the return will be accepted, the items must be in their original condition:
Same for all Gap’s brands returns.
In other words, there should be no evidence that products have been used, worn or washed.
Unlike products that have come from the store damaged or defective:
These in effect can be returned at any time.
According to Banana Republic return policy, there are 2 options for returning products:
In both cases, the Banana Republic return policy accepts a change of size, color, style or even to return the money for the item.
The returns and exchanges are totally free in case you have selected the prepaid return shipping option, as well as if you have made the return directly to a physical store.
The item must be in good condition, without traces of having been used before. This is a basic requirement.
Let’s look into the detailed process for these two scenarios.
The Banana Republic Return policy to a physical store.
If you have bought Banana Republic’s items online, there is no problem for you to return or exchange them to a physical store.
All you have to do is follow a simple process as below:
- Find a Banana Republic store near you.
- Bring the product along with the shipping confirmation email in the format you want or the credit card you have used to buy in the store.
- Tell the sales assistant that you want to return the product. And that will be enough.
The store will make a refund directly to the credit card that has been used for the purchase.
It might take your credit card company up to 10 business days to recognize the refund.
The Banana Republic return policy – return via mail
If you want to return an item by mail, according to Banana Republic return policy you need to follow these simple steps:
- Select the item and create a mailing label or prepaid UPS using Banana Republic’s interactive returns process.
- Alternatively, you can return it to this address: 100 Gap Inc. Direct Gateway – Groveport, OH 43125.
- Securely prepare your item in the original package in which it was sent if it’s possible. Be sure to include the packing slip generated by the interactive returns process.
- Mail it when ready to the U.S. Postal Service closest to you or give it to your postal carrier. You can also drop it off at the nearest UPS.
- In case you want to make a change, you must contact the Banana Republic directly by email and select the item you want to make the change with. Then select the option “To return items by email”.
Once the merchandise arrives at the store, you will be refunded in the original form in which the purchase was made.
This also includes the 10 business days that your credit card company can take to process the refund.
Then the Banana Republic will send you an email confirming that the process has been successfully completed.
In the case of changes, Banana Republic will charge your credit card for the new item and send it to you for free.
When they receive the returned item, the payment originally made by it will also be returned to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to return or exchange an item I bought online?
You have a total of 45 days to make the return or exchange if you have purchased an item online.
However, during times of pandemic, this time limit could be changed.
We invite you to contact the store directly to find out more about these special policies.
Is the shipping fee charged for exchanges?
Changes and returns are free once you have selected the prepaid return shipping option or if you have preferred to do these processes directly in a physical store.
In the latter case, you can only return the articles that are not marked with the “Mail Only” label.
Are there exceptions for returned items?
Yes, Banana Republic’s return policy does not include swimwear and sunglasses.
For those specific items, there can be no exchanges or refunds.
Why are my returns being delayed?
There are many reasons why a return may be late.
One reason is that the Banana Republic team is taking the necessary security measures due to the current situation of the pandemic.
Read about Macy’s return policy Macy’s Return Policy