Petsmart Return Policy Overview
Petsmart is trying to simplify its return policy as much as possible.
The timeframe for returning a product to Petsmart is 60 days with a receipt.
If you purchased goods in Petsmart physical or online store and changed your mind, you can return it in one of 2 ways:
- Return to one of the Petsmart stores near you
- Return by mail.
For a Petsmart store please visit the store locator
or call this number: (888) 839-9638.
Petsmart online returns:
The returns of petsmart.com purchase will be refunded as long as goods are returned in the new/original packaging.
The refund will be for the purchasing price. However, you should note that the shipping costs, handling costs, gifts wrap, and/or other charges will be deducted from the refund.
How do I return a Petsmart item to the store?
According to Petsmart return policy, all you need to do to return an item to the store is:
Bring the product to your preferred store and don’t forget that it should be:
- In its original packaging, new and in a sellable condition.
- With the packing slip or shipping info.
The above can be returned to any of the Petsmart stores.
How do I get a refund?
The refund of Petsmart products will be done with the same means of payment as the original purchase, meaning that if you bought with a credit card you will be refunded to the same card.
In case you don’t have the same credit card, or you used another payment method for purchasing, you will receive a return card for the purchase amount (less the shipping and handling costs).
You will be able to use the merchandise return cards for shopping in the stores.
You will not be able to redeem the amount for cash.
Are there exceptions to the Petsmart return policy?
You can return all purchased goods to Petsmart, except for prescription medication.
How do I return a product to Petsmart by mail?
For returning a Petsmart item by mail, these are the instructions:
- Pack the item safely and securely for shipping
- Add the packing slip inside the package.
- Keep a copy of the packing slip.
- Add the RETURN shipping label to the package.
- Send the package by UPS or a similar service. It’s recommended to insure it and make sure it’s traceable.
- Shipment should be delivered prepaid.
Petsmart Returns or Exchanges With a Receipt:
- As mentioned above, the Petsmart receipts are valid 60 days from the purchase date.
- The refund will be made for the same payment method:
- A cash purchase will be refunded in cash.
- A check order will be refunded by an instore purchases return card or cash. In case you choose the cash return option, there are 10 days waiting period.
- Credit card purchases will be credited to the original card used, or to a return card for future use in-store.
- Debit card purchases will be refunded as cash. If the card is not available, or a payment method other than a credit card was used for the order (example: PayPal), a products return card will be issued for future in-store use.
- If the purchase was paid with a gift card, a merchandise return card will be issued.
Can Merchandise return cards be redeemed for cash?
No. In case you are entitled to a merchandise return card for a future purchase at Petsmart, note that it can’t be redeemed for cash.
What if I want to return an item bought more than 60 days ago
Although the returns against receipt are valid for 60 days, Petsmart allows you to return items bought sooner than that.
All you need to do is bring the product to any Petsmart store.
Remember to bring an ID with you.
You will get an in-store return card for the recent product price, which you can use for future purchases at the amount purchased.Return
For the following items, valued at USD 10 or more, you will need to have a valid receipt:
You must have a valid receipt to return or exchange any of the following products that are valued at $10 or more:
- Electronic products (example: collars, fencing, training items)
- Grooming tools, filters, or pumps
- Non-prescription pet medication/ vitamins.
Can I return a product purchased online using a payment method other than a credit card?
According to the Petsmart return policy:
To return, an item in-store that was purchased at the online PetSmart site via PayPal, or such payment method that is not a credit card, all you need to do is:
Bring the product in its new/original package, with its receipt or invoice, to any PetSmart store per your choice and convenience.
You’ll be eligible to receive a product return card for the purchased amount, which you will be able to use for future purchases at any of the Petsmart stores.