What Is The Timeframe for Returning My Items To Harbor Freight?
If you are not happy with an item you bought from a Harbor Freight store, your timeframe for a smooth no-hassle return is 90 days.
Within this period you are eligible for a full refund, or alternatively for a replacement: per your choice.
Are There Any Special Requirements to Follow For a Successful Return?
Per Harbor freight return policy, you need to follow these 2 steps:
- Provide a copy of your packing slip or order.
- Return the item in it’s original packaging, and in a new and sellable condition.
Can I Return The Harbor Freight Item By Mail?
You will need to follow these steps for a smooth mail return, as detailed in Harbor freight return policy:
Obtain a Return Authorization from the customers service, and proceed to ship your order to Harbor Freight warehouse.
How Do I Contact The Customers Service?
Harbor freight return policy provides this info:
Harbor Freight customer service tel: 1-800-444-3353,
Hours: Monday thru Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT)
Please note to have on hand your order number, as well as a brief description of the reason for the return.
Can I Return My Online Order In-Store?
Yes, online orders may be returned to Harbor Freight stores for an exchange or for a refund, per your choice, within the 90 days timeframe as stated above.
All you need to do is to bring the item you wish to return with the proof of purchase (invoice or packing slip) and you will be exchanged or refunded.
I don’t have my Receipt. Can I Still Return My Order?
If you do not have your proof of purchase, please follow these steps:
Contact the Harbor Freight customers service as explained above.
Get a Return Authorization and proceed to return your order.
Are Shipping and handling charges refundable?
No. Shipping and handling charges will not be refunded.
Returning Items Of In-Store Purchases:
According to Harbor Freight return policy, same terms apply for email orders as well as for in store purchases.
The timeframe for return is 90 days from invoice date, and a proof of purchase is requested.
You will be able to get an exchange or a refund, per your choice.
What Is The Harbor Freight Refund Policy?
Your returned item will be refunded to the original payment method.
In case you paid with a check or a debit card, you will be refunded in cash.
A valid government issued ID must be presented at the time of return
Some items are subject to a re-stocking fee (see below)
Do I need To Return The Products To The Same Store That I Bought It In?
No, you do not have to exchange (or return) the product to the same store from which it was originally purchased.
You can use the store locator to look for other stores per your convenience.
Harbor Freight Return Policy For In-Store Orders:
A 20% re-stocking fee may apply to a returned product.
The Harbor Freight re-stocking fee will be waived if case any of these conditions are met:
- Returned item is unopened and in new and sellable condition
- Returned item is exchanged for an upgraded item in same category
- Returned item is replaced under an Extended Service Plan
- Returned item is replaced under manufacturer Warranty.
Are There Exceptions to The Harbor Freight Policy?
Yes. There are some exceptions to the Harbor Freight return policy as detailed:
- Due to safety hazards, products that use flammable liquids / gases, or alternatively include hazardous materials, can’t be returned using the mail.
- There are some items that for safety reasons, cannot be returned if opened. If you have a question, please contact the customer service at 1-844-416-9141
- Some products are subject to a re-stocking fee.
- Harbor fright Return Policy allows the manager to refuse returns of specific items, per his/her consideration.
Returning Pumps and Sprayers:
Due to safety reasons, certain pumps & sprayers can’t be returned to the store if boxes are opened.
Please follow these steps before returning a Pump or Sprayer:
- Download the Pump & Sprayer Return Form (PDF)
- Refer to page 2 to verify that your product SKU or item number is listed.
- Complete the form, than e-mail it here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note that all required fields must be filled.